Students who applied to graduate in May but did not submit are eligible for the rollover deadline, May 4, 2017; for all others, the submission deadline for August graduation is July 7, 2017. Students who do not complete and confirm the submission process by this date will graduate in December 2017. There are no exceptions.
If you are unable to complete the submission process during this session, you can return later to complete the process; however, your must complete the process by the deadlines listed above. Please review the following checklist prior to beginning the submission process:
1. Confirm your college, department, degree type, and major from your graduation application in UNT's student portal. You will need this information in the submission process.
2. If you have sought and obtained permission to reproduce copyrighted material, you will need to upload an electronic copy of all permissions. You will also need to specifically identify where the material can be found in the dissertation/thesis, e.g., page number.
3. All theses and dissertations will be published by the UNT Libraries after degrees have been posted. Availability options for the UNT Libraries copy are (i) open or (ii) restricted for 5 years. The choice you make will need to be approved by your major professor so please discuss this with her/him prior to completing your submission.
4. If you wish to make a copy of the thesis or dissertation available through ProQuest, you will need to opt in; it is no longer mandatory. If you do not opt in to ProQuest, then "embargo" does not apply, i.e., they cannot embargo what they never receive. However, if you do opt in to ProQuest, then any embargo option you select will need to be approved by your major professor.
5. Students are specifically encouraged to submit their Word file as a "source" file type, in addition to the PDF. In some (not all) cases, access to the Word file significantly shortens the review/approval time needed.
To get started with your submission, click the link below. You will be asked to authenticate using your EUID login. If you experience difficulties logging in, you will need to contact UNT support at 940-565-HELP (4357) or ITHelp@untsystem. If you experience any technical difficulties once inside Vireo, please contact Texas Digital Library: https://www.tdl.org/support/
You feedback is very important to us; it allows us to continue to improve the system. Please feel free to notify us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions to increase the usability or effectiveness of this application.